3cm piece of ginger
2 cloves of garlic
140 g natural yogurt
2 tablespoons olive oil
60 ml tomato passata
½ teaspoon garam masala
½ teaspoon chilli powder
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
½ teaspoon turmeric
10-12 skinless, boneless free-range chicken thighs
- Peel and finely grate the ginger, peel and finely chop the garlic, then place in a large bowl with the yoghurt, oil, passata and spices. Stir well.
- Cut the chicken into 2cm cubes, coat well in the marinade, then season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Cover with clingfilm and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Thread the chicken onto 12 skewers, then barbecue or grill for 15 minutes, or until golden and evenly cooked, turning occasionally.
- Serve with roti and cucumber raita.